Thursday, March 26, 2009

Crystal Ball


Very quietly, I have been listening to voters, keeping a mental note of trends and who voters are talking about. Saturday morning I decided to take a trip to the polls to see how things are shaping up. When I returned home, I decided to take a look at the ol' crystal ball. The entire picture is certainly not clear yet, but some things are starting to come into focus. Here is what I see right now (for what it is worth).

1. The mayoral race has only 2 horses. I like some of the ideas coming from the Merrill website and in his speach, but there seems to be very little action behind it. Dinwiddie and Jobe vote totals will dwarf Mr. Merrill. Based on the debate this morning on 950 AM and some of the interaction between the 2 candidates, there is no doubt in my mind now that of the 3 candidates, Mr. Dinwiddie is the most prepared to be our next mayor. He is also out working Mrs. Jobe in a big way. Considering where this race started (with Cindy Jobe the clear cut favorite), this is a pretty amazing turn of events. Crystal Ball's guess---Dinwiddie

2. Ward #1 is shaping up to be divided between 3 candidates. Wurth, Cleveland, and Rolfson are active and making an impact. Unless the rest of the pack are about to unveil some kind of huge quiet surprise, I do not see any of them being a huge factor. Crystal Ball's guess---Cleveland 3/31 Update: It would appear from the poll at left and the various emails I have received that either I have severely under-estimated the popularity of an additional candidate (Keith Davis), OR the technical savy of a few people with similar IP Addresses have taken my poll hostage (C'mon folks, if you are going to JUICE a poll, at least place a vote for all wards and the mayor...) Either way, for a Ward that many of us were wondering if there would be ANY candidates in, the race in Ward 1 is shaping up to be somewhat of a dogfight. Crystal Ball's guess remains the same simply because Mr. Cleveland has been knocking on doors all over this city.

3. If Jonathan Duda is defeated in Ward #2 it would truly shock me. I know for a fact that there are quite a few citizens that may be upset with some decision Mr. Duda has made over the past 4 years in his many roles, but when all is quiet in the voting booth, it will be hard to vote against him. There are those that TALK and those that DO. Everyone in the city should be able to agree that Mr. Duda DOES what he says he is going to DO. Our city should be thankful to have him, and he will win handily. Crystal Ball's guess---Duda

4. Ward #3 is without question a 2 man race...David Williford v. Keith Hudson. That is about all that I know. Crystal Ball's guess---Hudson

5. Ward #4 is shaping up to be a nail biter. The issue that I am having is that I am not sure who is running in the Cichoracki camp, Jim or his wife... I expect and appreciate a supportive spouse, but my experience (and from listening at the polls on Saturday), folks tend to be saying the same thing - the most vocal of that pair is by far Diane. Is that what we should come to expect if he were alderman? Having said that, Mr. Hall needs to start talking about himself and not his opponent. If he wants to the the next Alderman of Ward 4, he better be a good closer because this race is starting to slip away from what I am hearing. Crystal Ball's guess---Even.

I will post another poll tomorrow for everyone to vote again to see if you all have a different outcome. I will have some additional information this weekend. Stay tuned...








12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted for all that you listed and Hall.

Unknown said...

How is Ward 3 a two man race?

Unknown said...

My neighbors, welcome, my name is Robert Medina. I am running for Ward 3 Alderman. I would say that this race is all but over. I am committed to working with the people, the respective county commissions and the state to improve and keep the quality of life high in our city.

I have been watching bills in the state legislature and have been working on building relationships therein. I am committed to public safety and infrastructure. I have put thought to plans to implement these ideas and I did mention these ideas at the forum.

My signs are now out, but I have not saturated the city.



Robert Medina
Candidate
Alderman Ward 3

A Vote for Me is a Vote for You!

Unknown said...

I am putting up a blog so I can relay more information about my campaign.

http://vote4robert.blogspot.com/


Robert Medina
Candidate
Alderman Ward 3
A Vote for Me is a Vote for You!

Anonymous said...

Vote for Hall!! He is the best man for the job.

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to disagree with you on many issues.

First, as one citizen who has been DISSED by Duda time and time again, my only regret that I will have when all is quite when I vote will be that I AM NOT ABLE TO vote more than once!! Crystal Ball guess-clearly Charley.

Second, open your eyes, Mayor race is clearly only one horse. Crystal Ball guess-Dinwiddie.

Third, voters can still vote for Bob Hawkes, and they will. This is another case where the pro-jack ass mayor press groupies pulled another hatchett. Bob never quit (READ HIS STATEMENT), he only suspended his campaign activities. Crystal Ball guess-Bob Hawkes.

Fourth, Jim Chick has my vote and the vote of EVERYBODY that I have ever talked to. It won't be close. Crystal Ball guess-Chick.

Fifth, Keith Hudson will be our voice and will stand up to that other Ward 2 bully. Crystal Ball guess-Keith Hudson.

Anonymous said...

First of all, nobody will vote for a man named Chick.

Who is Bob Hawkes??? Why the heck would anybody vote for someone who isn't working hard to campaign. An alderman can't just "suspend" his meetings.

Duda is going to slaughter Charlie in the polls. Plus Duda is the most qualified person running out of everybody!

Your crystal ball must be a little FOGGY!!

Anonymous said...

How can Keith Hudson and Bob Hawkes both win? They are in the same ward.

Anonymous said...

From http://franklinkoolaid.blogspot.com

Dear Union Workers:
Bob Corker is planning to be at the Boxwood Bistro at the Factory in Franklin, Tennessee on Thursday, April 16 at 7:45 am for a light breakfast.
You can RSVP to Kim Kaegi kkaegi@bobcorkerforsenate.com or call 615-351-7129.

Anonymous said...

Wonder what subdivision that post came from?

Anonymous said...

Has anyone seen Cindy's ridiculous video?!? LOL!!!!! Whoever did that piece of garbage should pay her double her money back. It SUCKS! And if you watch her eyes, she's lying all the way through it. She doesn't even believe in herself.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps they hatched the idea at Jeffrie's over a nice bottle or five of wine and immediately started filming?

Post Ratings


IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is a series of personal opinions and is not meant to reflect an official position by the City of Spring Hill.

Home | About This Blog | Issues | Definitions | New To This Site? Click Here

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman | Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro